Unable to purchase from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScotRobson, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Hi

Im not sure if this should be under iTunes or iPhone although I think the problem is probably caused by my phone so i will start here.

I've recently had a common problem of being unable to update my iPhone apps and yesterday the app store on my phone would not connect at all. I just got a message unable to connect please connect to the iTunes store.

This morning I decided to delete all my apps and start again. I have deleted them all off my phone and from iTunes.

My problem now is that iTunes will not allow me to download any apps at all. I have even tried to purchase a song (without my phone connected) and I get a message - Could not add an item to your cart. The network connection timed out.

When I try to download an app on itunes I get the same message. Also my iPhone will still not connect to the app store.

Any ideas?

Scot

2. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

try signing out and back in on your computer itunes, you might want to try and de-authorize and then re-authorize yourself as well

3. ScotRobson thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried to de-authorise myself but it said my details were incorrect I presumed it would be my iTunes store username and password but that didnt work.

4. ScotRobson thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, that worked. Strange because my dad just called and was having the same problem trying to buy an album.