Unable to re-download Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Basic75, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Basic75 macrumors regular

Hi,

it appears that I have the opposite problem to that reported by many other people:

After buying Mountain Lion and installing it, I can't redownload it from the App Store.

In fact, both on 10.7 and on 10.8 the only OS X that shows up in my "purchases" for re-download is Lion!

So even though the cost is low, I don't really want to risk having to pay again for Mountain Lion; when I navigate to it in the App Store it shows me the price as if I had never ever bought it before...

Anybody have an idea how to fix this?

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Go to the Mac App Store and try holding down the option key when you click on "Purchases". Mountain Lion should then appear in the list.

I would also suggest making a Mountain Lion installer thumb drive either through Disk Utility or with a 3rd party program.

3. Basic75 thread starter macrumors regular

Let's see ... doesn't make any difference, it still doesn't show up.

Yes, I have actually done that, also because I've got more than one Mac and a slow internet connection, but it's still at 10.8.0, and I wanted to update it occasionally, that's why I wanted to re-download now.

4. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Did you purchase ML using a different AppleID?

5. Basic75 thread starter macrumors regular

Hm, I've only got one that I can use to make App Store purchases. At most the difference is between @me.com and @mac.com, but that doesn't usually make a difference, and all my other purchases are showing up, buth pre and post-ML-install... I'll try though.

6. Basic75 thread starter macrumors regular

So I tried with both @me.com and @mac.com, but, unfortunately and as expected, it didn't make any difference. I don't have any other account that is set up to make App Store purchases.

7. Basic75 thread starter macrumors regular

This fixed it:

"To view hidden apps, choose Store > View My Account, enter your Apple ID and password, click View Account, and then click View Hidden Purchases. To show a hidden app in the purchased apps list, click its Unhide button."

There were two hidden items, one that I remember hiding, and Mountain Lion, which I definitely never put into hidden status, at least not intentionally, but who knows, perhaps a kid got hold of the mouse before the screensaver kicked in...

8. shmonkus macrumors member

Awesome! I was wondering where it went! Thanks for this!