Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chendo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
I have a Nokia 6280 with iSync working fine, as well as SMS sending and incoming and outgoing calls, but I can't seem to receive SMSes from within Address Book at all.

Is this a phone-specific problem or is there something wrong with my configuration?

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
AFAIK, you should be able to *send* SMSs from within Address Book, but I've never heard of being able to *receive* them. Where did you see that you can receive them from inside AB?

chendo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
You can actually. I have been doing it with my Sony Ericsson W880 and it works very well.

Can you list the Bluetooth services on your phone? Like mine has Device Services: Dial-up networking, Nokia PC Suite, COM 1, Voice Gateway, Audio Gateway, OBEX Object Push, OBEX File Transfer, Nokia SyncML Server, SyncML Client, Music-Player, Media Player, Media Player, SIM ACCESS. It's in Bluetooth prefpane, Devices.

Ice-Cube

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Services are as follows: HID Mouse & Keyboard, OBEX Phonebook Server, OBEX SyncML Client, Dial-up Networking, Serial Port, Music Streaming Service, Remote Control TG Service, Remote Control Service, PAN Network Access Point, Hands-Free Gateway, Headset Gateway, OBEX Object Push, OBEX File Transfer, OBEX IrMC Sync Server

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.