Unable to restore 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by philstone, Sep 12, 2011.

1. philstone macrumors 6502

Hi,

Colleague accidentally pulled the cable out from his 3G whilst syncing and then it crashed, now we are unable to restore from iTunesm have tried from 2 different macs using different ports & cables still not joy - iPhone gets to 99% and then errors out after about 20 minutes saying error 1002...

Interestingly the Updaterlogs talk about BBUReturnTimedOut(10)/2: Command receive error, progress 0 of 6..

Can anyone shed any light or give suggestions?

Cheers

Phil

2. philstone thread starter macrumors 6502

3. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

Try using an update method that won't update the baseband. Just go on google and search for a method. I know that tinyumbrella will work to block the baseband update if you have SHSH blobs

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's false.
    TU only does that with the iphone 4, it doesnt maintain the baseband on iphone 3G or 3GS.

OP try a DFU more restore.
    Did you have the ipad bb installed by any chance?

5. philstone thread starter macrumors 6502

As far as I'm aware it was a genuine unlocked iPhone, have also already tried a DFU restore..

I'm just re-downloading the ipsw as I've tried to cook an IPSW using Pwnage but it doesn't like the 4.2.1 ipsw I've got...

----------

If it was the iPad bb then can I restore it using a Pwn'ed ipsw made using the iPad 3.2.2 bundle?

Thanks!

6. philstone thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi, still having problems with this...

If I try to pwnage then I get an error saying wrong firmware bundle? Pointing it to iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Resore.ipsw using Pwnage 4.3

7. philstone thread starter macrumors 6502

Managed to get this working using Pwnage 4.2..