Unable to restore backup

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kaibex, Jun 25, 2013.

1. kaibex macrumors 6502

kaibex

Has anyone been unable restore backup from iOS 6 to iOS 7 beta 2? I did it fine with beta 1 but went back to iOS 6 before update was released. Tried a few times now, phone activates fine but a few minutes in to restoring backup phone restarts and stays on black screen with Apple logo. Only thing I can do is put in DFU mode and restore again. I guess I will have to use clean iOS if that's the case and reorganise all my folders. :(

2. leanh1991 macrumors newbie

Exactly same problem I encountered last night.

Couldn't restore from both iCloud backups and iTunes backups, all resulted in Apple logo boot loop.
    I'm pretty sure some iOS 6 data may not be compatible with iOS 7 beta 2 (though it is fine with iOS 7 beta 1, strange!) that caused the loop.

Try those steps I think it might work:
    1. Restore back to iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 depending on what iPhone model you have.
    2. Update to iOS 7 beta 1 by shift + check for update -> point to ipsw file.
    3. Now restore iOS 6 backups on iOS 7 beta 1.
    4. After it is done, you can choose either
    - Make another backup on iOS 7 beta 1, do a clean restore with DFU mode to iOS 7 beta 2 and restore iOS7 beta 1 backups on iOS 7 beta 2. (Make sure you have UDID registered as dev)
    - Simply shift + check for update again to upgrade to iOS 7 beta 2. This will keep your data intact without making any backup.

3. kaibex thread starter macrumors 6502

kaibex

I'm about 70% through getting it how I want it now so will do a new backup when done. Thanks

4. JohnnyW2001 macrumors regular

JohnnyW2001

5. tbrzy macrumors newbie

Found another way!

The reason my back up wasn't restoring on the beta2 was because of my profile settings, I had HotShield VPN installed.

1.go back to iOS 7 Beta 1 and restore your backup
    2.go to Settings>General>Reset and click Reset all Setting and confirm it
    3.go to Settings>General and if you have installed any profile on your Device delete them
    4.after this Update or restore (UDID needs to be registered) your Device to iOS 7 Beta 2 and enjoy it;) :D:D:D:D

6. remonjap macrumors newbie

Fix

:apple: Do this for fix it: :apple:
    1.go back to iOS 7 Beta 1 and restore your backup
    2.go to Settings>General>Reset and click Reset all Setting and confirm it
    3.go to Settings>General and if you installed any profile on your Device delete them
    4.after this Update your Device to iOS 7 Beta 2 and enjoy it;)

7. radioactivet macrumors newbie

This worked!

Thanks @remonjap! This helped me! That too, when my UDID has NOT been registered. Here are the steps I followed(I have an iPhone 5. I had installed iOS 7 Beta 1 already):
    1. Took a backup of my data from iOS 7 Beta 1.
    2. Restored to 6.1.4 (Necessary if your UDID isn't registered). Keep the phone connected to iTunes.
    3. Update (NOT Restore) to iOS 7 Beta 1.
    4. Follow the steps 1 through 4 in the quoted comment.
    5. Done!

8. Moskalen macrumors newbie

Still troubled

Hey guys,

could you help me with a problem I faced when updating to beta 2?

firstly I updated to beta 1 (my UDID is registered), then used it for a while, syncing and making backup copies. now I want to update to beta 2, and it works, but after trying to restore backup copy from beta 1 it stucks after 'wait for reboot' message on itunes and nothing works. the same is by OTA updating.

has anyone else faced the problem? i really need to have an ios7 with less bugs but i cant! help please

9. Jayasurya macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    The following sequence (after many iterations!) worked for my 16GB iPhone4, GSM.
    1. Take back up from your iOS version 6..... device
    2. Upgrade to beta 1.
    3. Restore from back up
    4. Re-set the phone
    5. Take a back up again.
    6. Upgrade to Beta 2
    7. Restore form the latest back up
    All done!!!!

10. temafey macrumors newbie

For me works as well and without UDID registered.
    Thanks guys. Very helpful!
    Take care