Unable to restore iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GoldenDrago, May 15, 2012.

1. GoldenDrago macrumors newbie

A friend of mine got an iPhone 4S a few months ago and had it jailbroken, it was working fine up until recently. The issue is that his charging dock connector is broken and only charges when the phone is off, he is unable to connect to iTunes or even get the computer to read it as a device.
    Since it is jailbroken, he can't take it in to the Apple Store to get it repaired or even checked out. We have attempted to update it over-the-air, but apparently there is a block that prevents accidental upgrades/restores while jailbroken.

I was hoping someone had an idea of how I could go about resolving this issue, more specifically if there was a method to bypass the block that prevents upgrades/restores or some other means to fixing/restore the phone so that it can be serviced by Apple.

Thanks!

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

3. GoldenDrago thread starter macrumors newbie

That was one of the options I had considered, but since its an almost new phone I'd rather not meddle around with it. Is that the only way?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. GoldenDrago thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup. Tried DFU, 3 different cables and computers, only way to charge it is when its off.