Unable to restore not-starting Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oreka, Oct 19, 2008.

1. oreka macrumors newbie

So i basically have this 1st gen Ipod touch, updated to 2.0.

2 days ago i spent some time playing toybot diaries. so while ingame i lock the ipod. when i tried to start it up again after a while i realized that it had shut down.
    After that everytime i try to boot the ipod it gets stuck on the apple screen.

When i put my ipod in restore mode itunes does recognize an ipod in restore mode.
    But as soon as i press restore(and confirm updating etc) the process starts and continues for some time. After a few minutes i get the Error:

"The Ipod could not be restored. An unknown error has occured (13)."

please help me out here.

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

google iPod Touch DFU mode and try that, dont no if it will work, but worth a try.

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Turn it off, then connect it to the computer while holding down the home button.

4. oreka thread starter macrumors newbie

only explanations of how to enter the DFU mode start with the ipod/iphone being on.

i cant even power up my ipod, it stops at the apple screen.

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

AGAIN: Turn it off, then connect it to the computer while holding down the home button.

6. oreka thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, sorry didnt get to read the first post of yours.

but that didnt change anything.
    i also tried various methods of entering the dfu mode, but the ipod automatically enters restore mode.
    it even displays the itunes logo + that usb thing when it's not even connected to the computer.

edit:
    alright, so i finally got the ipod into dfu mode.
    windows easily recognizes the ipod(small bubble, even displaying DFU), but iTunes doesnt.

iTunes gives me an error:
    "An Ipod was found, but could not be properly identified. blablabla, retry, error(2005)"