Unable to restore RIGHT NOW....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by agentphish, Jun 16, 2010.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

So i've just tried to restore my iPad because my battery is draining quickly for unknown reasons, and my iPad will not restore.

I get an error message on two different Macs that the update server can't be contacted...no firewalls or littlesnitch running.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this...

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

So I tried on my mac mini again, it took forever, but it finally got through the "verifying restore with apple" part and didn't give me an error this time.

I tried 22 times in the last hour to restore it. It finally just did.
    Nuts.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

After renaming the local IPSW, I did not get any errors and it started to download the firmware without a hitch.

5. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

renaming it? I wonder why. Mine had just downloaded the IPSW file from the server directly on both machines. this is the first time I am attempting a restore.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I had restored my ipad once before. So I had to force iTunes to get the firmware again. So I renamed the file it's kept in.

7. banky macrumors newbie

I've had to restore mine twice so far, both times it took at least 5 goes for it to work. Annoying to say the least.

8. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Did restoring help with the battery? I think my battery is draining pretty fast so maybe I should restore it. Thanks