Unable to restore with time machine from Readynas DUO

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sunebralla, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sunebralla macrumors newbie

Hello macheads please help

I recently got my imac harddrive swapped by apple. Now I want to restore the time machine image I have on my readynas. No success!!

I can find the readynas on the network and log in to access the time machine image. The restoration process starts but ends with an error after only a few percent progress. There seem to be problem with accessing some files, the message is longer than my 27" screen...

Any tips? Would it be possible to put the time machine image file on an external drive and restore from that one? Do you need to set up a special partition for that or just copy the files?

When I'm ready I'll kick out that readynas crap :(

.s

2. Sunebralla thread starter macrumors newbie

Really no one who knows this? Last I tried I managed to approx 35% before the recovery error appeared. Since I have apple care protection plan I called to get some help but noooo. Since I put the time machine backup on network storage they regard my problem as unsupported and they are unwilling to help at all. My move now is to install snow leopard and upgrade to mountain lion to see if the recovery HD partition can handle the time machine recovery better.

Please comment!

.s