Unable to revert to iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sohaloh, Jun 16, 2013.

1. sohaloh macrumors regular

So I installed iOS 7 Beta just to check it out and then decided to revert back to iOS 6. I did a DFU restore which went fine till the phone activation screen came up. It says my phone is linked to an apple ID and that I should enter my password. I put in my password, but it says its wrong. The apple ID listed is s*****@icloud.com. My apple ID starts with S but its longer than that. I tried resetting my password which worked out but still wont accept my password. I bought this phone brand new. Its a 4S. And its only been used with my apple ID.

I know I shouldn't be messing around with betas, so please spare me the abuse and if you know what I can do to get around this I'd be grateful.

I think this is that new apple anti theft thing.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Did you download and install the new Find My Phone 2.0.3 with the additional security features? I ask because those new features are not in the beta or the non-beta Find My Phone.

Since I don't have a technical answer, it sounds like you have your password straightened out and I would do a DFU restore to 6.1.4 again.

3. sohaloh thread starter macrumors regular

No I didn't install it.

But thanks, just before your post a second DFU restore fixed the problem. I didn't like iOS 7 at all btw. It was lagging so bad, the dynamic background is just a gimmick. And the white just made my eyes sore. Small tiny things like notifications on the lock screen. Sliding that small box in the groove from iOS6 just felt so nice compared to pushing it off the screen in iOS7. Siri uses bing which makes getting any useful information impossible. And the dialer pad is just ugly, like the notes app and game center. Ugh.

4. joedan76 macrumors newbie

Stupid question but did you actually overtype your apple id where it shows "s*****@icloud.com" with your full apple id?

Even though it asks for your password it still needs you to type in your full apple id. I was stumped by this as well for a few goes until I realised what I needed to do.

5. sohaloh thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, yeah I tried but that box was greyed out and just the password field was open. I was doing this through itunes by the way! And a second DFU fixed it for me.

6. joedan76 macrumors newbie

That's strange because mine was greyed out as well but it still allowed me to update the field once I realised that I could.

Anyway good to hear your issue is resolved.