Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Hey, guys,

I just updated to the public beta and aside from the performance issues, most apps are working fine, with the exception of the Logitech Unifying Software. My mouse and keyboard still work simultaneously, but I can't customise my mouse's buttons in the Logitech Control Center as both devices aren't detected since it can't run the LUS. I tried manually opening it, but I get the "You can't use this version of the application "Logitech Unifying Software" with this version of macOS."

I wanted to check here if anyone knows a way around this. I'm kinda worried since this utility hasn't been updated since 2010, but works fine in El Capitan.

Thanks!

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
the razer one is the same way unfortunately wonder if the driver requirements are stricter in macOS maybe

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Never mind–I was running an outdated version of Logitech Control Center and Unifying Software, despite neither finding updates. Manually updated both and are working fine.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Never mind–I was running an outdated version of Logitech Control Center and Unifying Software, despite neither finding updates. Manually updated both and are working fine.

Really????

Been using the PB for a day now, and so far all my applications work - Except:

Logitech Control V3.93 Doesn't recognize my Logitech Performance MX Mouse (Logitech Unifying Software V1.2.315 works). What this means is that my Logitech Mouse is Recognized, but just the left and right buttons work along with the scroll wheel. None of the other buttons can be programmed Because Unifying Software does not recognize the mouse.

Lou

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
I have the Logitech M510. I'm using BetterTouchTool to assign buttons. However I can't find a way to swap the Right and left buttons.

The Logitech MX Anywhere2 and the MX Master are the only two that work with their software. Logitech Options that assigns the buttons. I think the Control Center is broken now.

The Master is too big and the Anywhere2 is too small. I've been waiting months for them to update their other mice.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
This is a known issue. I saw the threads at the Logitech forums. They say not to use El Capitan or Sierra. Get a real bluetooth Logitech mouse. Don't buy anything that uses their unifying receiver. Bluetooth is a standard! LOGITOOTH is not!

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Logitech software works just fine in El Cap. Hopefully they will update it soon for Sierra.

Lou

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Uninstalled then Reinstalled Logitech Control Center V3.9.4 in Sierra PB5 and all is working as it should:p

Lou

Last edited:

PLM382

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Hey, guys,

I just updated to the public beta and aside from the performance issues, most apps are working fine, with the exception of the Logitech Unifying Software. My mouse and keyboard still work simultaneously, but I can't customise my mouse's buttons in the Logitech Control Center as both devices aren't detected since it can't run the LUS. I tried manually opening it, but I get the "You can't use this version of the application "Logitech Unifying Software" with this version of macOS."

I wanted to check here if anyone knows a way around this. I'm kinda worried since this utility hasn't been updated since 2010, but works fine in El Capitan.

Thanks!
[doublepost=1473425971][/doublepost]I actually used the LCC Uninstall utility and everything started working in 10.12 GM. I didn't re-install. Odd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.