Unable to scroll over certain Flash implementations on websites

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kolax, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Problem: I'll be scrolling down a page, and if my cursor reaches certain Flash elements (some, not all Flash embedments) it won't allow me to scroll down the page any further until I move my cursor away from the Flash element.

This only happens on certain Flash stuff (I think older ones.. tends to happen on blog sites that have the old YouTube Flash player).

Really irritating though.. any ideas how to stop this? Or is this just another reason to hate Flash..

2. celticpride678

I have this too. I'm not sure if Adobe considers it a bug or what. But, yes, another reason why Flash isn't the best

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's especially true for videos. There's no way around it. Another reason to hate Flash.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I think it's just another good reason to hate flash. My computer does the same thing, and I think it's just an issue with the older player

5. Bear macrumors G3

While it's an annoyance, it's probably not a bug. I've seen this happen on pages with no Flash as well. In the no Flash case, it was from a frame with scrollbars in the middle of the page.

And yes the only solution is to move the mouse away from Flash or the frame in question. This is part of why I think scrollbars autohiding in Lion could be painful and annoying in some cases.

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Well least it isn't just me!

I can understand if it was a Flash element that had scrolling, but I've yet to find one that scroll wheels etc work with.