Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I have been using yahoo email account for over 15 years without problem. From last night, I am unable to do so. Whenever I tried to send email, I got a message asking me to type in whatever appeared on the screen for some kind of verification to prevent me from sending too many spam. What is that? How do I fix this issue?

Don't know if my Mac has been hacked to send out spams.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks. So, hackers used my account to send spams? I checked the Sent folder. The emails sent from this yahoo account had no spam mail. There is also no notification email from yahoo that my account could have been hacked.

What should I do besides changing password? I tried to sent a test mail to another email address. Again, it stated that to prevent sending lots of spam, I needed to type in whatever shown in a box.

I used 1Password. Does that mean it is not good enough to protect my account?

Last edited:

tjwilliams25

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2014
Montana
I would suggest relocating your email to a more secure provider, preferably one who supports two-factor verification. That way even if someone has your password they need to be able to have access to one of your devices to get the unlock code. I use iCloud for email, but I know both GMail and Outlook support it as well. And you don't have to worry about losing your mail as you can set up forwarding with almost any of the email providers.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
In yahoo mail, I created some folders to store mails from some people. Will they be created and copied to the google account using the method mentioned in the link? Has anybody tried it?

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
After the relocation, there are tones of emails from my yahoo account in my gmail account. Is it possible to move them to a folder called "From Yahoo"?

There are tabs called Main, Social, Promotion. Can I create a new tab called "From Yahoo" and move all those emails there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.