Unable to set up 3G account on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rosslynrose, Dec 30, 2010.

1. rosslynrose macrumors newbie

Hello. I was gifted an iPad for Christmas and am having problems setting the 3G side of it. This is a summary to what I did. I opened itunes to where I got the pop-up message that I had no cellular data account and did I want to set one up. I then had a screen prompting me to input my first & last name, telephone number, then email address and password. I then chose what monthly option I required for my tariff and pressed the next button. Then what I got was message telling me to "please sign up from your ipad" and to go to my settings, click cellular data and then choose view account. I did this, filled in the same form, clicked next and got the same message again. I've done this now a few times trying different phone numbers and email addresses that have never been associated with o2 and am still just going around in circles. I'm a bit baffled and hope someone here can help. I have synced with iTunes and restarted the iPad.

Please please, help! :confused:

2. sMACdaddy macrumors newbie

Hello,

I had some issues activating my 3G here in Canada, where we don't use AT&T. It's been so long, I've forgotten most of it, but I do remember that I had to synchronize my iPad with iTunes to get updated ISP vendor information before the iPad would allow me to activate the 3G with my provider.

I also found this information online for activation with O2. Hope it helps

http://www.aaronwardle.co.uk/index.php/2010/05/uk-ipad-apn-settings-for-o2-network/

Regards