Unable to Sign In: iCloud

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by BrianBaughn, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Has anyone here had to resort to reinstalling OS X because of being unable to sign into iCloud in System Preferences?

2. Bear macrumors G3

I haven't heard of anyone having that sort of issue.

3. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Create a new OS X user, and try logging in to iCloud from that user.

If that works, then your user settings are borked. I'm not at my Mac now, I can see if I can find the settings file when I get home, but it will be somewhere in your user Library folder.

4. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

This is an issue on a client's new iMac. New user account didn't do the trick nor did monkeying with Keychain or trying umpteen different ideas being thrown around at the Apple forums. Also, the sign-in failed with three different iCloud accounts.

On my first call to Apple they said it was a problem on their end and to try again in 24 hours. 48 hours later another Apple tech said to backup and restore.

My guess is that an automatic system software update went wrong and this is the result.

5. Bear macrumors G3

If this problem started after updating to 10.8.5, I suggest you first try installing the 10.8.5 Combo Updater and then applying whatever software updates pop up after installing that. And see if that fixes the issue.