Unable to 'Slide to Answer'

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kAoTiX, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I have been having a sporadic problem of not being able to slide to answer phone calls. Take yesterday for instance, I got a call come through on my phone and when I slide to answer the slider makes it about 75% of the way across then returns by itself.

I tried multiple times to do it making sure I didnt slide too fast or anything like that. I even tried pressing the home button to see if that helped but it didn't.
    Eventually it just worked and I was able to answer the call before it hit my voice mail.

Has anyone else experienced this before? It used to happen on my 3G and it now happens on my new 3GS.

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I had it once or twice on my 2G, and for the first time yesterday on my 3GS. I think it can happen if I am holding the phone in a way where there's contact from another finger somewhere on the screen.

3. robecq macrumors regular

robecq

I have this problem as well on an on and off basis. Either the slider wont go all the way across or the screen doesn't respond at all. This only happens with the slide to answer button. Very annoying when you miss a call because you can't pick up! Sometimes by pushing the top button (that silences, but not cancels the call) will reactivate the screen.

4. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Yes it's either the annoying 'almost answer' syndrome or it doesn't move at all.
    I did not have any contact with the screen with another finger or any other part of my body so it definately wasn't that.

It seriously drives me crazy when it does it because you can't answer the damn call lol. On occasions, by pressing the home button, I have been able to answer the call. It's as if another invisible window is covering part or all of the screen.

To both who posted above me. Are you jailbroken? I'm jailbroken and can't tell if it would happen when not jailbroken as I jailbroke both my 3G and 3GS hours after purchase (jailbreak ftw)

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Happens to me a lot these days… definitely not something I noticed before 3.1.

Overall my iPhone just seems a lot slower and very very "laggy".

6. robecq macrumors regular

robecq

Never been jailbroken, running 3.1, but has happened with earlier os

7. kAoTiX thread starter macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

I'm on 3.0.1, was happening previously on my 3G on 2.2.1 and 3.0 and 3.0.1 so in all honesty it could be a hardware issue.

arkitect: I take it you're not jailbroken having said you're on 3.1

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Yup… not jailbroken.
    It is actually a tad embarrassing lately. :eek:

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

My 2G was jailbroken, but my 3GS is on 3.0.1 out-of-the-box condition, so I don't think it's a JB thing. Just a glitch.

10. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

I have had this happen but just a handfull of times over the past 2+ years. And with both the 2G and 3Gs.

11. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

It's happened several times to me since 3.1, never before though.