Unable to speed dial company voicemail

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rkdav, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rkdav macrumors newbie

Suddenly after installing IOS 7.0.3 I'm having trouble reaching my company voicemail. I have the access number, pauses and pin codes stored in a speed dial favorite. The iPhone dials the number just fine, then pauses but when it comes time to dial the pin code apparently it's doing it too fast or something because the company system responds with a message saying the pin code is invalid. When I dial all numbers manually there's no problem at all. Any idea what I can do to fix this so I don't have to manually dial all those numbers to access my company voicemail? Thanks very much.

2. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Your solution may be as simple as adding more pauses. I have my phone pause twice before entering my PIN to make sure the "enter your PIN" prompt has played long enough to start listening.

3. rkdav thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I tried that but no good. I'm no technician but it seems that the string of numbers for the pin is transmitting too fast or something. It's as though the system can't process the number. When I manually dial the numbers it's fine.

4. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

Try pauses between each digit of your PIN then?

5. rkdav thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't work either. Apparently the voicemail system times out before the whole password can be entered and then generates an 'invalid password' message.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Hard to know where the problem is when something like this happens. Could be the auto-dialed iPhone tones aren't as clear enough or the voicemail software isn't good at discerning the signal.

Just throwing this out there: did you try entering each character of the password (such as "1234") twice (11223344)?

7. rkdav thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that but get the 'invalid password' response. Strange. This all began with IOS 7.0.3. Maybe it'll get fixed soon.