Unable to start AppleWorks on MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MemphisSoulStew, May 13, 2007.

1. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

I have several database and spreadsheet docs created in AppleWorks which I want to open on my MacBook. I've installed AppleWorks on the MacBook from the install dics that came with my eMac, but I can't get AppleWorks to run. It appears in the Dock, the menu bar changes to show "AppleWorks" and the outline of the tool bar appears, followed by the outline of the Starting Points window, but then it just quits.

The console.log from Console shows the following, repeated multiple times:

There is nothing in any of the other Console logs that mentions AppleWorks.

I have run Monolingual on the MB to remove foreign language support, so I'm wondering if that is what is wrong; but then I've also run Monolingual on the eMac and AW runs with no problems.

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea how I can solve this? Any help much appreciated.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Can you start any other non-Universal apps? If you were not careful then you will have instructed Monolingual to remove all the PPC parts of the system libraries and you'll have to reinstall OSX to be able to run any non-Universal apps.

3. MemphisSoulStew thread starter macrumors regular

I've got a few old non-Universal apps which I've put on the MB, and which I can still open - Sound Studio, VueScan for example - but I was thinking I'd reinstall the OS just in case.

4. MemphisSoulStew thread starter macrumors regular

OK, it's sorted. It seems I was a little over zealous with Monolingual, removing architectures without thinking about what that would do...oops...

I've reinstalled the OS and Appleworks is just fine now.