Unable to start up, deleted Caches

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Edwardv, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Edwardv macrumors newbie

I was running very low on space recently and it was suggested by a friend that I might be using up a lot of memory in the Cache folder, some of which was unnecessery and could be deleted. I opened the Cache folder and sure enough, most of my space was being taken up there.

Not really knowing what I was doing I moved a few folders to the Trash. Now my computer won't start up.

When I turn on I get the grey screen with a flashing Apple Logo and other icons.

The computer also does not respond to being started in Safe Mode. I inserted the installation disc but I got an error here too, it tells me to restart, but that doesn't work.

I'm going to take it for a repair on the weekend because I'm really stuck, just thought in the mean time I'd ask around and see if I got any suggestions?

Thanks

Ed.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Boot with your 10.6 system disk and start the install. The 10.6 disk with give you the option of repairing the OS X install.

3. Edwardv thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately my disk wont work. When inserted I just get a messae telling me to restart my computer, there are no other options. And restarting just brings up the message again.

4. bbazzahh macrumors newbie

You're getting a Kernel Panic on startup to installation disc by the sounds of it.

Check the disc make sure there are no marks and is in good condition. If everything is fine by the disc, you'll have to wait to get it repaired.