Unable to start up mac. Blu screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by LAURENANA, Aug 8, 2014.

1. LAURENANA macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I', kinf of new in all apple things. Even if my hadware is old. I just got it. However. I was using it in the most basic way: working online. Suddenly my browser, firefox, stop workin, I tried to closed it but was not possible, later I tried to restart the computer but didn't work eather. So I shutted down in the hard way. Then I turned it on again and after the start up song, the apple image and the disc rowling i was directed to the eternal blue screen.

Reading guides about the same problem I followed the steps: Single User mode,safe mode, etc. I can have my desktop when I go into safe mode but not like it supossed to be, I mean, I can introduce my pasword and don't have the blue screen anymore but nothong else appears, just the space image without any other function.

I tried to boot form another device, from an USB but it doesn't read it. Cannot get DVD of the OS installer right now.

Any advice. Please. I need to write my disertation!!:(

P.S. Sometimes in the blus screen appear some error mesage, like java or google crashed down, but not further action is alowed.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Is this machine running Lion or later? Do you recall there being a rocket ship icon in your Dock at the bottom of the screen? Try holding CMD R at boot and selecting Disk Utility. Then go to "Macintosh HD" (Your Hard Drive Name May Be Different) and select "Repair Disk". Also "Repair Permissions" while you are there.