Unable to swipe on watch face or hard press

shareef777

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
I’ve had this happen a couple times on my AW4. Can’t swipe into Notification or Control center from the watch face. Can’t hard press to change watch faces nor swipe from the edge. I COULD tap a modular app to go to it as well as click the crown to go to the app list. Only fix is to reset the watch.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Last edited:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
No, and if I did, I’d make an appointment ASAP. Something is wrong with your watch.

Record it malfunctioning, so you can show them when you get there (or e-mail it if you aren’t near an Apple Store.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
I’ve had this happen a couple times on my AW4. Can’t swipe into Notification or Control center from the watch face. Can’t hard press to change watch faces nor swipe from the edge. I COULD tap a modular app to go to it as well as click the crown to go to the app list. Only fix is to reset the watch.

When you use the digital crown, the right side of the screen will become unresponsive to touch for a brief moment. This is to prevent accidental touches on the screen.

What you are describing doesn't sound normal, so I would contact Apple support.

gymratjudy

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2016

I have had that happen to me a couple of time with my AW4 and just disregarded it. Next time it happens, I will be making a genius appointment. Never had the problem with my series 1 or series 3.

shareef777

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the responses. I’ll do a restore (as I’m sure that’s what Apple will tell me to do). If it comes back again I’ll take it to Apple. But it def feels like a software issue as it goes back to normal after a restart.