unable to sync apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrpspead, Nov 21, 2010.

1. wrpspead macrumors newbie

i have noticed that when i sync my iphone 4G to my PC my apps do not sync to my PC or vice versa. When I click on my iphone icon in itunes and choose the apps tab i am given the option of syncing apps but i am given the warning that the apps on my iphone will be deleted and the apps in the itunes library will be synced. but almost all of my apps have been purchased on my iphone and i would stand to loose quite a lot. there are, however, a few apps that i have purchased/downloaded on my PC that i would like to sync/transfer to my iphone.

what am i doing wrong? i don't remember having this issue in the beginning. i have ios 4.1 installed. i would appreciate any help, direction, or advice.

thank you.

2. Anapplecsr macrumors newbie

Real ez.

1. Connect device
    2. Click on file
    3. Click on transfer purchases from Yourname's iphone
    4. Profit

After that you can choose the option to sync. It will still delete the info on the iphone, but since u have it saved on the computer none of the data will be lost. You will just choose the items u want synced back to the device.

3. wrpspead thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you. my problem is solved. i could have sworn that i had tried that before. but alas, i guess not. because i went through the steps and presto!

thank you!