Unable to transfer photos from digital camera to macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kingshrubb, Oct 18, 2010.

1. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

I am not able to get 20 pictures off my digital Kodak EasyShare DX4530 to my computer using a USB cable and ImageCapture or iPhoto. The photos appear (I can see all the photos and files) but I am unable to transfer them or even open them and get information off. I think that this is because the pictures are saved on the Kodak camera's internal memory. What can I do to get around this problem? Thank you! :eek:

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Do you have a SD card in the camera ? They should transfer without any problem using the image capture app. If not does your MBP have the SD card slot ? If so put the SD card in the slot and do it that way.

3. kingshrubb thread starter macrumors regular

kingshrubb

Hmm I'll try it that way again but last time I put an SD card in the camera it showed only the images on the SD card in Image Capture. None of the pictures on the cameras internal memory appeared when I hooked it up that way before.

4. kingshrubb thread starter macrumors regular

kingshrubb

Oh no... it is still coming up with an import error with the SD card in the camera as well (but I can see the pictures I want in imagecapture). And no unfortunately my macbook pro does not have an SD card reader (but the pictures are on the kodak internal memory anyway) :/

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I THINK you can transfer the images from internal memory to the SD card, and from there to the computer.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Is there an option to transfer the images on the internal memory to the SD card?

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

8. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Is there an option to transfer the images on the internal memory to the SD card?