Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simon89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Yorkshire, UK
Hey,

Currently on the latest developer beta and I'm unable to check the box which will allow my Apple Watch unlock my MbP 15".

When I click in the box I get a progress wheel next to it and eventually a message of not being able to communicate with the watch and to try again.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Simon89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Yorkshire, UK
Thanks - I gave it a go but still get this message.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 11.07.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 11.07.49.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 233

appleuser181

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2018
Canada
Just upgraded to Big Sur and now have this problem with my AW6 (7.1). Tried the keychain solution (worked on Catalina) but no longer working with Big Sur (MBP 2018 15").
Any suggestions?

JagsDI

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
i just upgraded to Big Sur this morning.. and have the same issue. Any suggestions ?

sprucemoose

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
Changing my Apple ID password fixed the issue somehow (found this on other forums)
This also worked for me — which seemed less of a pain than signing in and out of iCloud (i.e. re-syncing all content). Pretty annoying to have to do that after months of Apple Watch unlock working flawlessly.

As mentioned, unlocking secure notes remains broken.

Reactions: Easttime

patearrings

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
I got it working! Used this page:

I followed the first guide of deleting all my stuff in keychain access etc, i then rebooted. That didn't work.

After that, i signed out of icloud, rebooted, signed back into icloud. That fixed it!

YMMV

Good luck!

Reactions: twanj

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
With the latest update, watch unlock isn’t working for me, even though the box is ticked in system preferences. Because of this bug, I can no longer open 1Password or Strongboxsafe with watch.

edited to add: I just tried again, and it worked. In total, it took about 6 attempts.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.