Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6 I get notices that 4 Apple programs have updates to install (iTunes, Safari, El Capitan security update, etc.). In the past the update has always worked. I install them one at a time, usually.

Now I can't seem to get them to install. On the update screen, each one has a dark gray button to click to initiate the installation. When I click on the button, the button immediately changes to a light gray color, but nothing else happens. Also no error messages or other helpful information is displayed.

Any ideas??

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
It's an issue on both the Mac App Store as well as iOS. Just check twitter--lots of people having issues. When I tweeted to @appStore with a video of the ridiculous amount of time and taps it took to update 7 apps, they reached out to me as if it was isolated to my devices. Surely they know there's an issue and could just say, "We're experiencing an issue with our update server. Please be patient while we rectify it." When it happens on both iPhones, both iPads, and my MacBook...it's not a device problem, it's Apple's problem.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
It's an issue on both the Mac App Store as well as iOS.

Yes, I'm familiar with the iOS app update issues. But, at least for me, the iOS issue is very intermittent. It happens occasionally, but if I try to update an app a few minutes later it works. And I've managed to keep all my iOS apps updated in spite of these intermittent issues.

The situation here with updating Mac is different. It never works now. I have tried several times a day for the past week and it never works. Specifically the updates that will not install are iTunes, Safari, an El Capitan security update and some camera updates.

I would be interested in hearing from others who have problems with this. Are your issues intermittent or temporary?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.