Unable to update apps directly on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by youngll11, Apr 9, 2011.

1. youngll11 macrumors newbie

When I try to update my apps through the app store on my iPhone 4, I get a notification that I have already purchased this app, but have not downloaded it. If I'm having trouble, I have to update through iTunes and plug my phone in. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? The updates are fine if I plug my phone into my computer, but some apps start acting up if you don't have the updated version, and I'd like to have the ability to update directly through my phone. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aiden

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Either your iPhone is out of free space, or the network connection that you are trying to use with your iPhone cannot handle the download.

Are you trying to update the Apps in the iPhone using Wi-Fi or cellular data?
    Edge or 3G?

Be sure that all the software is up to date: Computer, iTunes, iPhone firmware, right App versions.

3. youngll11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to clarify, I can download new apps from the app store on my iPhone, but cannot update purchased apps.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I believe if you are updating them through 3G then there is a limit (10 or 20mb I think) for the size of the download and if the app is bigger than the limit then it won't download the update.