Unable to update aps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by keithoe, Nov 8, 2010.

1. keithoe macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2010
    For the past several months I have been unable to update my apps on my second generation iphone. When I try to update I receive a message that says 'there is not enough space download these applications. Please delete photos or videos.'

I do not have any videos on my iphone but I do have 706 photos. Is this the reason why I am unable to update? (I only have 175 songs) If so, how many photos should I delete to be able to update aps.

Thank you in advance for your help.
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    You're running out of storage on your iphone.
    You have to delete some photos, music or other apps to make room.
    Go to settings/general/about and see how much your available capacity is.
  3. Bratheryst, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

Bratheryst macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2010
    When you connect your phone to iTunes, you should see in your capacity bar where your memory is going. 706 photos and 175 songs do not sound like a lot, this should clarify whats going on. If the phone has a lot of "other" data, it could be orphan data files that has filled up the rest of the phone. Restoring the phone is the only way that I can think of to get rid of that mess. If its photos, import and delete. That way you don't lose whatever photographs you value.