Unable to update or install apps

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wellred, Oct 25, 2014.

1. wellred macrumors member

I'm on 8.1 and have noticed I am unable to update or install apps. In the App Store the the installation icons are just spinning and tapping them does nothing. I've tried switching off wifi and restarting the phone but nothing seems to make any difference. The same behaviour is present if trying to update or install over mobile data.

I managed to find a topic over on apple support communities however no fix was mentioned.

Has anyone else observed similar behaviour? I'm using an iPhone 5c.

2. wellred thread starter macrumors member

3. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

Are you downloading from your phone, or computer? Try using your computer and wait till it's updated. Did you backup?

4. wellred thread starter macrumors member

How can I update an app from my computer once it's inTalled on the phone?

5. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

6. Sam Luis Obispo macrumors member

My 5s iphone was updated to 8.1 and no longer updates an app or downloads a new app. An App like Audible seems to be able to re-download a previously purchased book, but the podcast app will not download an episode.

Restarted the phone - no luck
    Resync'd with the computer - no luck
    reset the network settings and restarted the phone - no luck

I haven't gotten around to updating the iPhone of another family member and she has no problem with app updates or downloads on ios 8.0.2. Don't think that I am going to update that other phone.

Is there a way to uninstall 8.1 and go back to 8.0.2?

7. wellred thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all I managed to update them via iTunes. That was actually the 1st time I've done that as I usually do it OTA. In terms of OTA is anyone else experiencing that? Im tempted to take it to the Genius Bar.