Unable to update to 3.1.1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheClaff, Dec 22, 2016.

1. TheClaff macrumors member

Trying to update my Series 1 to 3.1.1 and it's nothing but problems. First it was giving me the "Can't connect to Internet" when it would try to verify the update. So I deleted the update data from the watch and now when I go to update it briefly shows 3.1.1 as available but then says the watch is up to date. (I am on 3.1). Trying to install the Pokemon Go update to the watch it tells me I am currently updating the OS of the watch and to try again when that is complete. I already did 1 hard reboot of the watch. What else can I do without having to re-pair with my phone or start over?

2. KrisLord macrumors 65816

3.1.1 was causing update issues for some and was pulled by Apple. I don't think I've seen anything saying it's been released again since?

3. TheClaff thread starter macrumors member

So I'm out of luck until they release it? Trying to install any app on my watch from the watch app on the phone tells me the OS is being updated.

4. mr_phillip macrumors newbie

mr_phillip

Yeah, I had that. Here's how to fix it:

Check General > Usage in the Apple Watch app on your paired phone. The software update should be listed here. Assuming it is, delete it and then reboot your watch.

You should now be able to install apps again. Hopefully Apple will release a fixed version of the update soon.

5. TheClaff thread starter macrumors member

Thanks th
    Thanks - rebooting watch again after deleting the update was the trick.