iPhone Unable to update to iOS 8.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by anonymous12, Mar 14, 2015.

1. anonymous12 macrumors member

I currently have an iPhone 5S, iOS 8.1.1 installed. I am trying to update it via iTunes but the download is extremely slow (estimated time is 15 hours). I tried to do an OTA update from the phone but it's stuck on "Update requested". My internet speed is 25 Mbps so I know it's not my internet connection. I have also tried to download the ipsw from other websites but all the downloads end up coming form apple's servers so the downloads are still very slow. Anyone have any ideas?

2. madclicker macrumors newbie

Not sure but I would try restarting your phone to cancel the download and try ota again

3. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Have you tried speedtest.net to verify its not your internet speed? I only ask cuz you said you tried to download the ispw from other websites and it was slow. I download the ispw and it downloaded pretty quick, and I also have 25mbps download speed.

4. bushfilm macrumors newbie

download .ipsw

I downloaded the .ipsw file and it only took about 5 minutes. Hope it works on iPhone 4S I am trying to upgrade.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I always upgrade via iTunes. I upgraded an iPhone 6, iPad Mini-R and iPad 4 to iOS 8.2 on Saturday nite. Each time, when the download initially began via iTunes, download time first was listed as minutes but then increased quickly to as much as 12 hours.

In each instance, I used the Pause function in iTunes (click the scrolling little blue line in upper right corner of iTunes screen and on the resulting box that appears, choose Pause all Downloads). After pausing, I waited about 15 seconds, clicked Resume and the remaining download time came up as less than 15 minutes and was accurate.

Might as well try it and see if it helps you.

6. bushfilm macrumors newbie

no joy with iTunes

When I connect the phone to iTunes, it tells me that it is already updated at version 7.1.2 It doesn't seem to allow any further upgrades to this phone, but my other 4S did update to 8.3.. Go figure.

7. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Is this an iPhone 4 by chance (not 4s). If iTunes says 7.1.2 is already up to date then that would make since if its a iP4 as that is the latest version supported on the 4. The 4s and later can go to iOS 8.

8. bushfilm macrumors newbie

How to check?

Is there a way to check and make sure that this is an iPhone 4 and not a 4S?

9. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Easiest is if it has Siri its a 4s (the 4 does not have Siri) or look at the model numbers:

•The iPhone 4 has the following model numbers: A1332 for GSM models and A1349 for CDMA models.
    •The iPhone 4s has these model numbers: A1431 for GSM model China, and A1387 for CDMA models and GSM models.
    •You can see these model numbers at the back of the iPhone.