Desktop Unable to use "camera roll" for wallpaper

Discussion in 'UI Customization' started by Starflyer, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Starflyer, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

Moderator note: This is a post by user StarShot. Due to an error by MacRumors it is shown with the wrong username. Our apologies.

For some reason, I can't use my IP6 camera roll pictures for wallpaper as I could in the past. There are only a few limited recent photos available for wallpaper although if I go into Camera/back photos there are many more that I would like to choose from.

Anyone know why this is different with iOS8?

2. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

iOS8 removed camera roll as you know it. And so when you try and use photos you took as wallpapers, there are only two options. Photos you already have saved and/or synced from your computer from before, and then "recent photos."

3. Starflyer, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Starflyer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

Moderator note: This is a post by user StarShot. Due to an error by MacRumors it is shown with the wrong username. Our apologies.

Thanks, wonder if the rumored return of Camera Roll will "fix" this problem. My main reason is that I had a photo with my phone number on the "lock" screen in case I lost the phone.

4. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

What do you mean? I have no issues setting any picture or image as a wallpaper, not limited to any recent pictures.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

me neither I can use any photo from "Moments or Collections" in the Photo tab