Unable to use Find my Phone from a PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckc, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ckc macrumors regular

I have found that when trying to log into me.com for the fFnd my Phone page this now redirects to icloud.com. It presents the same log-in page as before but after completing the sign in details the page is bloked by IE & Firefox as a Malicious Page and sign in cannot continue.

I have also tried to log-in using Safari with basically the same effect. It appears that unless you log-in using a device with io5 installed on it it is no longer possible to use Find my Phone.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Fortunately I was only testing the page but had I lost my phone and tried to locate it using a PC it would have been a problem.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Find My iPhone is now a part of iCloud and not Mobile Me.

Mobile Me is being discontinued in 7 months, so it makes sense to re-direct people to iCloud.com now.

3. ckc thread starter macrumors regular

I agree it makes sense to redirect people to iCloud but the fact that from a PC logging into iCloud return a 'Malicious Page' warning and is blocked so stops logging in being possible.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

It sounds to me like you are having another issue, and it has nothing to do with iCloud.com

When is the last time you ran a system virus check on your PC?

5. ckc thread starter macrumors regular

A virus check is run daily.

The actual message is;

This website has tried to install a malfunctioning or Malicious Add-on and has been blocked to safeguard your computer.

The same mesage appears from 2 PC's and a Notepad, none of which are in the same location so are not on the same network