Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Hey, guys,

I have a 2016 Touch Bar MBP that I've been using with the LG 27UD88 4k monitor (connected directly via Thunderbolt) on a HiDPI resolution (can't remember exactly which one), but now I've upgraded to beta 9 of High Sierra (thinking it'd be stable enough since we're close to the GM) and can only choose between 1080p or full 4k!

I've Googled around and can only find HiDPI issues with Sierra from over a year ago and nothing specific to High Sierra. Has anyone else experienced this? What could I try to fix this? I tried editing the DisplayResolutionEnabled value in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist to no avail.

Thanks for any help in advance.

rumormiller

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2017
I use Retina display Menu on my 1920x1080 iMac to run a HiDPI resolution of 1280x720 in High Sierra.
https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/vi9yf/set_your_retina_macbook_pros_resolution_to/
Makes everything crispy almost no difference to my iPad's retina screen.
Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 09.54.54.jpg

HumpYourWayUp

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Europe
My 4K display does not work properly anymore with the new High Sierra GM!
It does not only output 30Hz instead of 60hz. HiDPI scaling does not work anymore.
That Gold Master stinks...

Reactions: djcristi

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
My 4K display does not work properly anymore with the new High Sierra GM!
It does not only output 30Hz instead of 60hz. HiDPI scaling does not work anymore.
That Gold Master stinks...

What monitor? Anyone using High Sierra with a P2415Q?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.