Unable to use Norton Security in another country

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hajime, Mar 7, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I have been Norton user for many years. Recently, I bought a box version of Norton Security in Japan. When I travel to another country, I get a critical warning message saying that my serial number is invalid. Norton told me that their software checks to make sure that the user uses the software in the intended country. Personally, I find this ridiculous as quite a lot of laptop users travel abroad. They cannot expect us to buy different versions of the same program whenever we travel to a country. Also, as all of my software and Windows are Japanese version, installing non-Japanese version of Norton might cause compatibility issue. Any suggestion besides looking for products from another company?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Don't use Norton that has such draconian terms.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Do you have any other good recommendation? I have been very satisfied with Norton Internet Security for over 10 years. I think from last year, they discontinued the product and created Norton Security.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member