Unable to use RDC since Time Capsule fitted.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Azzin, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

So, I've got a Time capsule, connected to my Virgin (UK) Superhub (which is now in Modem Only mode) and the wireless performance is really impressive.

However. I now have an issue using Remote Desktop from my MBP into my Windows Server.

I used to just fire up the shortcut I had edited/saved on my desktop (192.168.0.12) and away I went.

The server now has an ip in the 10.0.1.xx range, but RDC can't connect.

My MBP is connected to a TB display, which in turn is connected by ethernet and has an I.P of 10.0.1.xx

I have 2 Windows servers, both accessed by RDC shortcuts on the desktop of my MBP and with one of them, deleting and recreating the shortcut allowed me to pick up where I left off, but the other one I can't connect to.

Applecare told me to "Speak to Windows". :rolleyes:

Applecare also suggested I get a free app from the App Store entitled "Apple Remote Desktop 3", which would be great if it wasn't for controlling other Macs. :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to send this back, if I can't RDC into both servers. :(

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have the same super hub....Piece of junk, but there is a little trick that may work for you..I know VM have updated the newer hubs, but instead of modem only mode, just turn wifi off ( If you can) for some reason that works fine for me. So I leave "Modem Only" mode unticked, but turn wifi off on the hub. Hope it helps.

3. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Do you have a Time Capsule?