Unable to use vent in background

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by trey5498, Mar 4, 2009.

1. trey5498 macrumors regular

I play WoW on my mac and I am unable to use the OSX version of ventrilo, it has codec incompatibilities. I have used crossover to load the windows version of vent and it works fine .............. as long as it is in the foreground. The moment I select a browser/game/anything else as focus I lose capability to chat on it. I can hear just fine, but I can not talk.

How do I fix it that I can chat with it not being being in focus?

2. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

I believe the problem you are talking about is server side. This means that the owner of the server needs to change the codex to SPEEX. This will fix any issues. SPEEX works for both OSX and vista, xp etc...

3. trey5498 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes and with the codec it will not be changed. However, how come I can not use it with crossover when it is not in the foreground?

4. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

I dont have an exact answer for that, but i would believe that it would need to be your main window in order for it to work. crossover is buggy, possibly try a trial version of parallels.

5. trey5498 thread starter macrumors regular

hrmmmmmm

I was afraid of that. Can you run just one program with having windows up in parallels, like crossover?