Unable to view videos..sky.com

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Donfor39, May 3, 2015.

1. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

Hi

What can I checks safari/Yosemite wise since being unable to view sky movie trailers via sky.com. A recent prob where the trailer only shows a black screen:confused:

you tube and sky go work fine.

Thanks
    S

2. 0d085d macrumors regular

This looks like a bug on Sky's end. I'm sure they'll have it fixed soon.

If you want to watch the trailers in Safari anyway:

1. Open Safari -> Preferences and go to the "Advanced" tab.
    2. Check the "Show Develop menu in the menu bar" box at the bottom of the window.
    3. Close the Preferences window and go in to the "Develop" menu in the menu bar.
    4. Click "Allow JavaScript from Smart Search Field" (at the bottom).

Now, whenever you want to watch a trailer, go to the page in Safari and paste this into your address bar:
    Code:
    javascript:this.location=document.getElementById('videoPlayer').getAttribute('src');
    Press enter and it should take you straight to the MP4 video itself.

3. Donfor39 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

If you want to watch the trailers in Safari anyway:

1. Open Safari -> Preferences and go to the "Advanced" tab.
    2. Check the "Show Develop menu in the menu bar" box at the bottom of the window.
    3. Close the Preferences window and go in to the "Develop" menu in the menu bar.
    4. Click "Allow JavaScript from Smart Search Field" (at the bottom).

Now, whenever you want to watch a trailer, go to the page in Safari and paste this into your address bar:
    Code:
    javascript:this.location=document.getElementById('videoPlayer').getAttribute('src');
    Press enter and it should take you straight to the MP4 video itself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! I did have the java devlop screen already whilst I attempted workaround attempts.
    Your script for the address bar works excellent:)

I thought maybe sky had 'removed' movie trailers cause of restrictions or viewing rights