Unable to Wake on Demand

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Wasabisjors, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Wasabisjors macrumors member

Wasabisjors

With Snow Leopard I had no problems waking my new iMac with LogMeIn Ignition. I could also stream movies to my iPad and iPhone, using AirVideo, at any time.

Yesterday I clean installed Lion, re-installed LogMeIn and Air Video. Now, anytime my iMac goes to sleep I cannot make a connection using the LogMeIn or AirVideo app on my iPad/iPhone (i.e. I cannot Wake my iMac).

Any ideas on this? Others experiencing these problems? Did any settings regarding Wake on Demand change with Lion?

Thanks for any help.

2. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

I was hoping to be able to access my iTunes library while the macBook was asleep in the 'low power mode' we heard of in Lion.

I find that the MB will intermittently wake and sleep, allowing me to see the files briefly, but then disappearing after a short while.

Perhaps I don't have this set up correctly, but perhaps this is a 'teething trouble' bug in a .0 release. Anyone got any ideas if it's the former?

3. Wasabisjors thread starter macrumors member

Wasabisjors

Still no clue how to get Wake on Demand working with OS X Lion.......

4. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

There's some small print in Apple's online help documents that suggests that this will only work on a network based on AirPort, rather than 3rd party routers...

5. zepman macrumors regular

zepman

My MBP behaves the same when the screen is closed and I try to access iTunes with the remote app on my iPod touch.

If the screen is open and the MBP sleeps, it behaves just like before in Snow Leopard, i.e. the MBP wakes up and I can successfully access iTunes from my iPod.

6. Wasabisjors thread starter macrumors member

Wasabisjors

My iMac is connected to my Time Capsule via ethernet connection. All worked under Snow Leopard....

Anyone running Logmein or Airvideo to see if waking up your iMac from iPhone/iPad works for you with either of those apps?

7. evanwins macrumors newbie

I am also having a problem getting Wake on Demand to work with Lion. I used to use it constantly with LogMeIn when I was on Snow Leopard but since upgrading it won't work.

I know that the computer and the router (TIme Capsule in my case) need to be connected via Bonjour but I don't know how to do that. I think it's supposed to be zero config but apparently that's not the case.

Anyone have any suggestions?

8. Wasabisjors thread starter macrumors member

Wasabisjors

Hmm... for some reason I now can get AirVideo to work, from my iPhone/iPad. After hitting the 'Connect to server button' a few times, AirVideo connects (and apparently wakes up) to my iMac.
    When I then switch to the Logmein app, it discovers my iMac as being turned on. And I can connect.

So, I guess it's perhaps not only a problem with Lion. Logmein, by itself, isn't able to wake my iMac (update required?). But using Airvideo, takes a few tries (wake process on Lion a bit slow?).

9. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

10. evanwins macrumors newbie

11. evanwins macrumors newbie

correction: Not working correctly

12. JonLa macrumors 6502

Does the Apple Remote app wake the Mac from Sleep?

13. Wasabisjors thread starter macrumors member

Wasabisjors

@Jonla

I'm having problems with that too. Sometimes Remote App doesn't find my iTunes Library, and thus doesn't wake up my iMac. Other times it does find the Library after a couple of tries.

14. evanwins macrumors newbie

Got it to work

Hey everyone.

I was having same problem with wake on demand not waking...on demand.

I removed this file:
    /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

And now it appears to work just as it should.

Hope it helps.

15. Wasabisjors thread starter macrumors member

Wasabisjors

Has above problem been fixed by anyone? I'm still unable to wake Lion.