Unadvertised Free iTunes Content

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mprofit, Aug 11, 2009.

1. mprofit macrumors regular

mprofit

I am a conniosseur and advocate for searching for and downloading free iTunes content, particularly in the "Movies" and "TV Shows" section on the iTunes Store.

One thing I've come to realize is that free content exists that isn't advertised within the "Free on iTunes" sections in the Store, or mentioned in the free iTunes content threads on these forums and on websites like www.itsfreedownloads.com. While these sites are great, I'm looking for content that exists beyond them.

A few examples:

- "Man v. Food" Season 2, Episode 1 http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=326520666&id=324024105&s=143441

- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno: Favorite Comedy Bits" (a few free clips available through this link)
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?i=102979490&id=200997529&s=143441

My point/task for you all is to provide some free content on the iTunes Store that isn't advertised. Season 2 of "Man v. Food" was just added, yet iTunes has neglected to advertise the free giveaway of the premiere episode. I'd like to think there are other shows/short films/etc. being given away that aren't publicized.

Any help is appreciated. If anything, I'm letting you all know of a free TV episode of a pretty cool show that may not have been known.

2. mprofit thread starter macrumors regular

mprofit

Anybody have anything? I'd really like some feedback on this topic. Thanks.

3. mprofit thread starter macrumors regular

mprofit

Thanks, but I'm interested more in TV shows than apps.

A lot of those websites offering links for free content aren't necessarily all inclusive, so I'm hoping some will post content not advertised on those sites, or on "Free on iTunes."

4. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Dunno if others have noticed but there are some things that show up as paid for but if you look around a bit they are also available free at the same time within itunes.

For instance the Fleischer Superman cartoons are paid for if you search specifically for them yet they are also available as free video podcasts as a kind of taster of 40s content.

Weird.

5. mprofit thread starter macrumors regular

mprofit

Looking through the full list of the "Get the Latest Episodes" section on iTunes TV Shows is good for spotting free episodes that iTunes is offering that may not have been formally advertised yet.

It's nice because the price is listed right under the episode so you can see what's free and what isn't without having to click around shows and their seasons. It's how I spotted "Man v. Food" as a free episode (which it still is and has yet to be listed on "Free on iTunes"). Gives me hope that other content is out there, too.

Anyone have anything yet?