Unannounced new features of 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pketelaar, Jul 12, 2008.

1. pketelaar macrumors newbie

I have noticed a few new things in 2.0 that were not announced.

Vonage .wav voicemail email forwards can be listened to properly. 1.1.4 didn't play many .wav files well.

You can save images by pressing and holding on them in mobile safari.

Mail now properly handles attachments with forwards (embedded forwarded files)

Anyone notice any other like this?

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

type too fast and the phone will go into a slow typing mode but quickly catch up. (unanncounced 'feature')

3. ay98182 macrumors member

The iPhone 2.0 software has fixed one small but extremely annoying fault with the old system - drafts of text messages are no longer deleted when you tap away from the message to look at another SMS conversation. I've lost many a long draft when I've been overly eager to read a newly received text!

4. gillett macrumors newbie

That was announced and was on the iphone page @ apple.com
    My 2G does that too, nothing new. I always figured it was because I was on safari and playing music and running both at the same time has been known to crash back to the springboard

5. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I dig the screenshot function, hold home and power then release, nice feature and it saves it in your Photos.

6. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I was just going to post about this, very nice feature as Vonage.com is blocked at my work and I hated calling home and picking up messages that way. Looks like Apple is taking the time to fix/update what they have before they load up on new features. Apple may actually be listening to everyone's comments.

Also, I noticed they have updated the YouTube and Quicktime linking. Example, when I loaded MacRumors from the iPhone, the videos of the games that were posted under iPhone news have a watermark that says YouTube and a nice big white arrow on top of it. Also, if you go to Apple.com and select the WWDC keynote, you get the big white arrow to play movie and a QT symbol in the corner like YouTube vs. the little blue arrow in the corner. Both also give you a preview shot/thumbnail behind the watermarks.

It's the small things that make a difference.

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I don't use Vonage but had the same problem with my phone system voicemail wav files. They now work as well. This is a very nice suprise.