Unanounced 2.0 Features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by friekunater, Jul 14, 2008.

1. friekunater macrumors 6502

After using the 2.0 software, I think there are some unanounced features that I have found, specifically related to Safari

in Safari, when there is a YouTube video, instead of showing the box with the question mark, it has a picture of the video (a picture takenin the very middle of the vid) with a Play button inside a circle so you can play the video directly. you can see this really well on toucharcade.com where there's a lot of YouTube videos.

also, fewer Safari crashes.

and, if there is a graphically intensive web pages, the 1.1.4 and earlier sort of blanked out the other pages so instead of having all the pages show up normally in the multipage view, there are just seemingly blank pages. however in 2.0, this doesn't happen anymore.

also, I think the keyboard is slightly slower and the text is highlighted in a darker blue

this is actually on an iPod touch running the unofficial 2.0 firmware, but it should be the same

2. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

also in Safari, you can zoom in about twice as far as you could previously and some pages display slightly differently

3. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

On outgoing mail, I can now select the From field. So nice.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

note that this only happens if you have more than 1 mail account set up, but yeah, very nice feature

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Take screen shots and save them to the photos app by briefly pressing top and home buttons at the same time.

Saw this one in another post.

6. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Now that's one I didn't know! Why isn't this documented or mentioned on apple.com? That's a really awesome feature

7. imac george macrumors member

imac george

wifi still active in airplane mode. Last character entered visable in password boxes.

8. Surely Guest

Surely

That one is a nice new feature. I can type my passwords a little faster now.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Maybe my previous iPhone was messed up, but with the 3G, any time I click the headphone button, music plays. Before, the iPod seemed to time out after a period of inactivity.