unapproved caller

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by richstacey, Dec 23, 2018.

1. richstacey macrumors newbie

my macbook pro 13inch came up with this on the screen locked me out ,so taken hard drive out put a usb cable on it and connected to imac 27 2013 trying to get my lightroom images off it , can not see my images just same one that are on imac ,help needed please regards rich

2. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Sounds like you installed a malware and the drive got encrypted by the hacker.

3. richstacey thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply
    i have pulled the hdd out of it connected it to my i imac via usb cable which is only running 10.8.5 and not a newer
    version ,i can see some of images but not my lightroom cat but will not open it its is cc version , will i have to update imac which late 2013 to the latest update
    to get images back ,and going forward put the hard drive back mac book pro and reset back to factory settings ,or would you put a ssd back in , ps iam not tech savvy with computers

regards
    rich
    --- Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018 ---
    thanks for the reply
    i have pulled the hdd out of it connected it to my i imac via usb cable which is only running 10.8.5 and not a newer
    version ,i can see some of images but not my lightroom cat but will not open it its is cc version , will i have to update imac which late 2013 to the latest update
    to get images back ,and going forward put the hard drive back mac book pro and reset back to factory settings ,or would you put a ssd back in , ps iam not tech savvy with computers

regards
    rich

4. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

If you had FileVault On on your MacBook then the drive would be encrypted thus you wouldn’t be able to access your files on another computer.