Unauthorised to put New APPS on IPHONE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John Vaccarella, May 16, 2011.

1. John Vaccarella macrumors newbie

May 16, 2011
    hi, i asked my friend to purchase a few apps for me, considering he has a credit card with money on it, so he purchased afew apps for me.
    We then transferred the apps via usb onto my macbook
    now when i got to sync my iphone, it says im unauthorised.

ive tried going to store > autherize this computer > blah blah
    And still no luck
    any ideas

Thanks, JOhn
  2. Iphull macrumors member

May 16, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Why can't you go into the apps store through your iPhone and purchase them there? It's easier.

If he wants to buy them for you, he can gift it. Go to the app, scroll to the bottom and hit the "Gift It" button. It will be sent through your email and you can install it.

It's much easier if you have an email acct set up on the iPhone. Then you can open the email, click the link and it will install. But if you open it on your computer, you can install it via iTunes.

But, no, I'm sure Apple frowns on sharing apps the way you are describing, even if he has bought it specifically for your iPhone and not his.