Unauthorized access through Screen Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Cccocco, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Cccocco macrumors newbie

Hi,

I turned on the Screen Sharing today to allow my Macbook Pro to control my iPhone. I forgot to turn it off. An hour later when I was watching youtube, the video was paused and the cursor moved on it's own. The cursor moved to Mail and deleted the Trash, and opened a picture on my Desktop. None of the above was from me. I was scared and restarted, turn off the wifi and then the Screen Sharing(This is when I realized I forgot to turn off Screening Sharing:mad:).

I have a few questions:

1. Is my computer safe?
    2. I stored logins and passwords with Safari, do you think whoever accessed my computer got a copy of everything?
    3. What should I do now? Should I reinstall my laptop?:(

I am nervous and do not know what to do now. Can someone please help?:confused:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If someone had access to your machine like that, it is certainly possible they snagged your saved passwords from the Keychain.

Reinstalling won't really help, because the passwords would still be compromised.

I would change you computer's login pass and also change the passwords of any sites/services who have their password stored in the Keychain.

3. Cccocco thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay. Would I be able to find out who it was that accessed my machine? It's so creepy.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The only thing I can think of would be if your router captured something in its log. Long shot though.