"Unavailable" the moment I order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bonha, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bonha macrumors newbie

I've been trying to order a t-mobile/unlocked iPhone 5S from apple online store, and I was planning to pick it up in either of the 2 stores near me.

However, whenever I see "available for pickup today" during checkout and tried to actually do it, the page would never switch to "thank you" as usual, but jump back to the checkout page with a note on top saying "unavailable for pickup". And when I went back to the cart page immediately, it would show unavailable for quite a while.

At first I thought someone checked out right before me, but this has been happening for the past 2 days (even 4am in the morning today, again "available for today"->"unavailable" during checkout). Anyone know if there's actually no stock anywhere for pickup and the site is just bluffing?

2. Kev001 macrumors newbie

Happened to me too, I was trying to order 2 iPhones for store pickup and it would change from available to unavailable after I hit submit order. The inventory checker would then stay at unavailable for a few hours then come back and the same thing would happen every time. Tried for 2 days and same problem so I called the store and they said they have plenty of iPhone 5S's. I really wanted to order online bc my Discover card gives me 10% back, so I would be saving over $100 for 2 unlocked iPhones.

3. bonha thread starter macrumors newbie

FINALLY! i turned off the adblock extension and it was all of a sudden working again. I don't know if that's the real case, but you could give it a try (turn off extensions or try another browser).

This is still pretty strange though, and i wasted a good amount of time on this.

4. Kev001 macrumors newbie

I don't think it was the Adblock add on, I've tried with Firefox, Internet explorer and safari on my iPad and it would always change to unavailable after placing the order. Weird...