Unbearable display on 12 inch MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Guitarists, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Guitarists Suspended

I bought myself a 12 inch MacBook and loved it for the most part. The design was near flawless, and the battery life could last a full working day. I didn't even mind the lack of ports. There was however one flaw which forced me to return it.

Before I mention it, let me just say that I swear by Apple's Retina displays and loved them on every single iPhone that I've owned since the 4 came out.

I couldn't stand the Retina display on the 12 inch MacBook however. It gave me painful eye strain within an hour of using it unless I had perfect lighting conditions, such as in the office.

If you open up Safari and run a quick Google search on anything, it seems to me at least that the text for the results is unpleasant to look at. While it is sharp, it gives off a strange glare which becomes painful to look at very quickly. I couldn't adjust to it in the week I had the machine.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2. Buerkletucson macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson

No issues with mine.....fantastic display IMHO.
    I've been on the Macbook for many hours at a time with no issues.

What did you have the brightness set to?

3. Koudspeel macrumors regular

Koudspeel

Sounds like a defective unit then. The screen is gorgeous and text has never been as crisp!

4. Buerkletucson macrumors 6502

Buerkletucson

I would agree.....
    If this was a common issue you would see it all over the forum with complaints.