Unbelievable, dust under iPhone 7 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IMM1711, Sep 18, 2016.

1. IMM1711 macrumors newbie

IMM1711

Good night everyone,

I posted a few times before here in threads regarding dust under iPhone 6s screen, which mine had when I bought it, when they changed my screen 9 times and when they exanged it for refurbished ones and even one sent from Ireland brand new with new warranty at all.

Last Friday I went and waited all night to buy an iPhone 7 hoping that being dustproof its screen would be flawless, and as I came home I saw something beneath the screen protector thinking it was something that got stuck while putting it, but today I removed it and found what can be seen in the image attached (it can be seen int he horizontal bar near the left under corner)

Would it be possible to exchange it for another iPhone during the 14 day warranty now that there´s no stock?

Thank you very much

Attached Files:

2. Stacked macrumors regular

Wow I don't even know what to say. Embarrassing on apple's part

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Unbelievable? Hardly. As quick as they've been trying to meet demand, I'm shocked it doesn't happened more often. Does suck though.

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Whatever that is, it isn't dust.

Try to make millions of something in a couple weeks, and I'd bet you'll make an occasional mistake. This happens, and Apple will replace it even if you wait longer than 14 days. Confer with Apple-- they may prioritize replacements for more serious issues for a while, and if so I hope you can be patient.

5. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

After 9 times I would think that Apple can't make a device to suit me and I would give up.

6. IMM1711 thread starter macrumors newbie

IMM1711

Don´t really know what it is, it isn´t a dead pixel as it changes shape as I tilt the screen and even disappears at some angle, it seems that they can fix something up for me to replace it but they don´t know in how many time and now I carry it without a screen protector, so I hope it doesn´t crack accidentally if it drops.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    I know, i just kept changing screens until iPhone 7 came out and I sold the 6s for a reasonably high price due to the new extended warranty I got.

7. tvh13 macrumors member

Maybe you should try a different brand of phone.

8. IMM1711 thread starter macrumors newbie

IMM1711

I have my own apple ecosystem already bought, iPad mini 2 and macbook air both flawless, but all the iPhones I have had came with problems and I want a perfect one as I pay for, obviously.

9. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Don't worry about it. Like @sjinsjca said, this is a manuafcting defect so the 14 days doesn't apply. Just get it done within the next year.

10. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

There is nothing wrong with high expectation, and some people have bad luck at time. When I built my gaming pic, my motherboard and GPU both arrived DOA. Just the electronic lottery.

Still, 9 6s phones based on screens? At that point, your being OCD or something. You lucky Apple accommodated you.

That being said, what you are seeing in your 7 is most definitely a defect.

11. IMM1711 thread starter macrumors newbie

IMM1711

I don't think it was being OCD, i think it was the flaw with the dust in the upper left corner that most iphone 6s' had and that was addressed in many posts before, some came with more and some with lest but all of them had dust under the screen, and not only mines, some friends had it too, but as a physicist specialized in optics I am more aware of those things as I work looking at small things all day.

12. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

If true, touche'

I used to fret about those kind of things, and it drove me nuts. I notice these kind of things too, I work on retinal regeneration, so I work on small things everyday as well. I began to enjoy my life more when I stopped fretting about these kind of things....unless it's blatant, of course.

13. now i see it macrumors 65816

Seems like there's a lot more QC issues with the 7 than previous versions. I guess the workers at Foxconn have had enough.

14. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

Set up a Genius Bar appointment. Go in. The Genius Bar stocks a completely different group of phones made specifically for replacement. They ARE brand new. Just built then packaged as replacement devices. All you need to take with you is your iPhone.

15. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

They better not go on strike. Lol.

16. gaymerraver macrumors member

gaymerraver

First few batches always come up with regular defects. Go get it replaced this is hardly embaressing as it happens to companies like Microsoft a lot too.

17. foxconn Suspended

18. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

How did you get iOS 9 on a new iPhone 7? Thats not iOS iMessage.

19. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Whatsapp lol

20. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Ah, my bad. Hope OP can get a replacement.

21. GusHerb macrumors member

Believe it or not dust and other particles is far more common in these displays than one may think. I've taken a flashlight to the display with the screen off and have found particles between the layers of just about every iPhone I've had my hands on. The real question is can you see it with the display on? If yes then it needs to go back. The worst I've seen was a 6S Plus with two pieces of what looked facial stubble. Idk how the owner of that phone didn't notice either, it was so blatant.

22. tvh13 macrumors member

OCD

23. DADDYDC650 macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

I had 3 iPhone 6s Plus's. All had great displays. You might suffer from anal retention my friend. I sold my first phone for profit, replaced my second phone because I dropped it and the scratches bugged me and I replaced that one in order to sell the mint condition replacement.

24. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

For as much money as the iPhone costs I'd be OCD too!