Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IMM1711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2016
Madrid
Good night everyone,

I posted a few times before here in threads regarding dust under iPhone 6s screen, which mine had when I bought it, when they changed my screen 9 times and when they exanged it for refurbished ones and even one sent from Ireland brand new with new warranty at all.

Last Friday I went and waited all night to buy an iPhone 7 hoping that being dustproof its screen would be flawless, and as I came home I saw something beneath the screen protector thinking it was something that got stuck while putting it, but today I removed it and found what can be seen in the image attached (it can be seen int he horizontal bar near the left under corner)

Would it be possible to exchange it for another iPhone during the 14 day warranty now that there´s no stock?

Thank you very much

Attachments

• 20160918_235547_HDR-1.jpg
    20160918_235547_HDR-1.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 1,873

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
Whatever that is, it isn't dust.

Try to make millions of something in a couple weeks, and I'd bet you'll make an occasional mistake. This happens, and Apple will replace it even if you wait longer than 14 days. Confer with Apple-- they may prioritize replacements for more serious issues for a while, and if so I hope you can be patient.

IMM1711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2016
Madrid
Whatever that is, it isn't dust.

Try to make millions of something in a couple weeks, and I'd bet you'll make an occasional mistake. This happens, and Apple will replace it even if you wait longer than 14 days. Confer with Apple-- they may prioritize replacements for more serious issues for a while, and if so I hope you can be patient.
Don´t really know what it is, it isn´t a dead pixel as it changes shape as I tilt the screen and even disappears at some angle, it seems that they can fix something up for me to replace it but they don´t know in how many time and now I carry it without a screen protector, so I hope it doesn´t crack accidentally if it drops.
[doublepost=1474237170][/doublepost]
After 9 times I would think that Apple can't make a device to suit me and I would give up.
I know, i just kept changing screens until iPhone 7 came out and I sold the 6s for a reasonably high price due to the new extended warranty I got.

tvh13

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Good night everyone,

I posted a few times before here in threads regarding dust under iPhone 6s screen, which mine had when I bought it, when they changed my screen 9 times and when they exanged it for refurbished ones and even one sent from Ireland brand new with new warranty at all.

Last Friday I went and waited all night to buy an iPhone 7 hoping that being dustproof its screen would be flawless, and as I came home I saw something beneath the screen protector thinking it was something that got stuck while putting it, but today I removed it and found what can be seen in the image attached (it can be seen int he horizontal bar near the left under corner)

Would it be possible to exchange it for another iPhone during the 14 day warranty now that there´s no stock?

Thank you very much

Maybe you should try a different brand of phone.

IMM1711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2016
Madrid
Maybe you should try a different brand of phone.
I have my own apple ecosystem already bought, iPad mini 2 and macbook air both flawless, but all the iPhones I have had came with problems and I want a perfect one as I pay for, obviously.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I have my own apple ecosystem already bought, iPad mini 2 and macbook air both flawless, but all the iPhones I have had came with problems and I want a perfect one as I pay for, obviously.
There is nothing wrong with high expectation, and some people have bad luck at time. When I built my gaming pic, my motherboard and GPU both arrived DOA. Just the electronic lottery.

Still, 9 6s phones based on screens? At that point, your being OCD or something. You lucky Apple accommodated you.

That being said, what you are seeing in your 7 is most definitely a defect.

IMM1711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2016
Madrid
There is nothing wrong with high expectation, and some people have bad luck at time. When I built my gaming pic, my motherboard and GPU both arrived DOA. Just the electronic lottery.

Still, 9 6s phones based on screens? At that point, your being OCD or something. You lucky Apple accommodated you.

That being said, what you are seeing in your 7 is most definitely a defect.
I don't think it was being OCD, i think it was the flaw with the dust in the upper left corner that most iphone 6s' had and that was addressed in many posts before, some came with more and some with lest but all of them had dust under the screen, and not only mines, some friends had it too, but as a physicist specialized in optics I am more aware of those things as I work looking at small things all day.

Reactions: GusHerb

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I don't think it was being OCD, i think it was the flaw with the dust in the upper left corner that most iphone 6s' had and that was addressed in many posts before, some came with more and some with lest but all of them had dust under the screen, and not only mines, some friends had it too, but as a physicist specialized in optics I am more aware of those things as I work looking at small things all day.
If true, touche'

I used to fret about those kind of things, and it drove me nuts. I notice these kind of things too, I work on retinal regeneration, so I work on small things everyday as well. I began to enjoy my life more when I stopped fretting about these kind of things....unless it's blatant, of course.

Reactions: GusHerb

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Set up a Genius Bar appointment. Go in. The Genius Bar stocks a completely different group of phones made specifically for replacement. They ARE brand new. Just built then packaged as replacement devices. All you need to take with you is your iPhone.

gaymerraver

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Essex/London
First few batches always come up with regular defects. Go get it replaced this is hardly embaressing as it happens to companies like Microsoft a lot too.

GusHerb

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2013
Chicago / Northwest, IN
Believe it or not dust and other particles is far more common in these displays than one may think. I've taken a flashlight to the display with the screen off and have found particles between the layers of just about every iPhone I've had my hands on. The real question is can you see it with the display on? If yes then it needs to go back. The worst I've seen was a 6S Plus with two pieces of what looked facial stubble. Idk how the owner of that phone didn't notice either, it was so blatant.

tvh13

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008

OCD

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I had 3 iPhone 6s Plus's. All had great displays. You might suffer from anal retention my friend. I sold my first phone for profit, replaced my second phone because I dropped it and the scratches bugged me and I replaced that one in order to sell the mint condition replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.