Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
OK, so my girlfriend's mother in law is relatively new to computers and seems to have more money than she should have, and went to apple.com to buy a computer. Not such a dumb decision right?

So then she proceeds to look at the imacs. Thin, nice, but the screen isn't big enough. She goes to the bigger 'computers' (she thought that since the iMac looks like the ACDs that there was a computer in the 30incher, especially at the price).

She buys the 30 inch ACD, it gets delivered, she tried to turn it on. nothing. She got so mad at it, called apple and everything to chew them out because her computer isn't working.

Because they refuse to replace it (because nothing is wrong) she curses the company, the monitor, and THROWS IT OUT OF HER 2nd STORY home office!!! :eek: :eek:

Monitor is gone, and Apple lost a customer for life.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Peyton said:
OK, so my girlfriend's mother in law is relatively new to computers and seems to have more money than she should have, and went to apple.com to buy a computer. Not such a dumb decision right?

So then she proceeds to look at the imacs. Thin, nice, but the screen isn't big enough. She goes to the bigger 'computers' (she thought that since the iMac looks like the ACDs that there was a computer in the 30incher, especially at the price).

She buys the 30 inch ACD, it gets delivered, she tried to turn it on. nothing. She got so mad at it, called apple and everything to chew them out because her computer isn't working.

Because they refuse to replace it (because nothing is wrong) she curses the company, the monitor, and THROWS IT OUT OF HER 2nd STORY home office!!! :eek: :eek:

Chalk another one up for 4/1 (or 1/4 if you live in Europe).

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Pics? I must see pics.

This is not a funny April fools joke. This is a serious matter here, we're talking a 30" ACD! :eek:

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
mad jew said:
This is an April Fools thing. It has to be.

It really has to be because otherwise I'm gonna start crying. :(

Good grief, no one believes anything any more. I will try to get pictures for you crazy skeptics out there. I love the trust we have built up around here :rolleyes:

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
emaja said:
No, Apple lost a stupid customer for life - if it happened at all.

true dat. by the way, my girlfriend doesn't like her either so I don't have a problem commenting on her lack of brain

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Peyton said:
Good grief, no one believes anything any more. I will try to get pictures for you crazy skeptics out there. I love the trust we have built up around here :rolleyes:
No no no, it's just we've had so many people say that this or this happened when it's total BS.

And.. for someone to throw a 30" ACD out the window, a wee bit extreme and doubtful. But hey, that's just me.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Peyton said:

Ridiculous post + April 1st = Skeptics.

It's not about a lack of trust, it's about doing the math. :cool:

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
dornoforpyros said:
Hmm well, she didn't die

So then you must have meant Honorable Mention...or Urban Legend, depending on whether or not you believe it. :p

That lady must be crazy. So much for "Here's to the Crazy Ones"...

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
radiantm3 said:
Ridiculous post + April 1st = Skeptics.

It's not about a lack of trust, it's about doing the math. :cool:

Yeah, totally agree, but what would be the point of outright lying? I'll work on pics

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
C'mon, it says that they are displays. She has to be illiterate to make such a mistake. But the thought of a thing of such beauty being dropped out the window, makes me die a little inside.:p

EDIT: It would be cool though with one of these:
cinemac_small.jpg

Cosmo modo

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2005
so your girlfriend's mother in law ???

you mean your own mother i suppose...... so yes, April's fools

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Cosmo modo said:

Unless of course his girlfriend is married to someone else and is seeing Peyton on the side, the saucy minx... ;)

Personally, I can't say I'm convinced (about the display I mean, not the marital status of Peyton's young lady friend).

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Peyton said:

i like apple inc but the last model my family got was a real lemon...core duo imac and there were many problems with it but luckily we have applecare

the whole fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth for apple and for the core duo on a mac

i love my dual g4 power mac and ibook and will use them until they become too old to use and after that, i will probably get a pc...but not some cheap dell or hp, but a nice sony or if i could afford it, an alienware :)

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Cosmo modo said:

Its my girl-friend's brother's wife's mother. So yes, my girlfriend's MOTHER IN LAW. The skeptics keep on coming, I love it! This is like CSI macrumors edition

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
Peyton said:
Its my girl-friend's brother's wife's mother. So yes, my girlfriend's MOTHER IN LAW. The skeptics keep on coming, I love it! This is like CSI macrumors edition

That would be her brother's mother in law, not hers.

I'd like to believe your story though but it is rather far fetched and you're not very convincing I'm afraid.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Peyton said:
The skeptics keep on coming, I love it! This is like CSI macrumors edition

Since there is a forum member named Gil Grissom, I would expect him to assemble the rest of the team and assist with forensics and the eventual autopsy that will have to be performed on the 30 inch ACD.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Deepdale said:
Since there is a forum member named Gil Grissom, I would expect him to assemble the rest of the team and assist with forensics and the eventual autopsy that will have to be performed on the 30 inch ACD.

Yes indeed this acd was thrown out a five story building we could tell becaue of dust paterns on the ground. Now lets go dancing. heh shows like csi make me laugh.

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
Stampyhead said:
Hope there wasn't anyone walking under the window at the time. Those things are bloody heavy.

There are worse ways of going out i guess...

Hmmmm... i could actually believe that she bought the 30" ACD and thought it was a complete system like the iMac... but throwing it out the window instead of returning it seems a bit far.... Doesnt apple let you return a system within 30 days for a full refund? (as long as it is not custom build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.