Unbiased media outlets?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SDAVE, Aug 31, 2008.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Anyone have any major outlets who aren't as biased as major news sources such as CNN, FoxNews Reuters, AP, etc?

I used to have this Canadian sattelite channel and it was very unbiased and alot of good news was shown.

A good website maybe with video as well and photos would be nice so I can bookmark it in my iPhone.

2. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I'm not sure if the channel you are referring to was the CBC, but yes generally they offer good coverage that usually aims to cover a story in a very fair and honest way - or as much as is humanly possible. They have a large amount of US and World news coverage as well, so often you can get a large swath of news in the same broadcast/website.

Try reading cbcnews.ca for a week and see what you think :)

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Sorry, but it's too hard to tell when a station is biased unless you have some news standard (i.e. all the "real" stories) to compare a news station to. Of course, this doesn't exist, so unless the bias is obvious, it's difficult to state for certainty that a news source is unbiased, or ALWAYS unbiased.

4. kristiano macrumors regular

Despite it being a paper on the centre-right, Noam Chomsky says about The Financial Times that it's "the only paper that tells the truth".

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

I tend to use the BBC. While you won't get their television news in Canada, they've got a good deal of online content (videos, podcasts, etc).