Unblock P2P Ports on Campus Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccc3d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
How...how in the hell do you unblock the p2p ports on a college campus....ive been experimenting for months and nothing works. Please if anyone knows how to unblock ports that are controlled through a campus internet provider please tell me....im about to take a hammer to their stupid a** "frank" server.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Isn't unblocking ports that you're not authorized to unblock a no-no?

If so, you're barking up the wrong tree trying to find help here...

ccc3d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
any help from anyone who actually has my problem and understands the frusteration?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
There are sites for doing this kind of crap ... and it isn't this site, especially since it is a college campus.

People tried to help someone before, and the school really slammed him when they caught him.

ccc3d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I havent exactly stated the school im enrolled in....how bout if i worded it this way......I'm having issues with Acquisition due to NAT traversal. Also, does anyone know of any other ports that I can use to connect outbound on the Gnutella network? Intellectual and legit for yall yet?

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
ccc3d said:
I havent exactly stated the school im enrolled in....how bout if i worded it this way......I'm having issues with Acquisition due to NAT traversal. Also, does anyone know of any other ports that I can use to connect outbound on the Gnutella network? Intellectual and legit for yall yet?
Haha

I've murdered my wife. Does anyone know what diameter wood chipper I need to destroy the corpse? Also, when I cut her up with the chainsaw, how big should the pieces be?
That's breaking the rules. We won't really help you with that.
What if I worded it this way: I've got a dead baby cow in my yard, about 130 pounds. Does anyone know what diameter wood chipper I need to destroy the carcass? Also, when I cut Bessie up with the chainsaw, how big should the chunks of meat be?
I'd suggest you buy your own service like the rest of us who want to control which ports are open.

ccc3d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
this is pointless---its quite funny when everyone refuses to help me find 4 different numbers to put in a lil blank square because supposedly its "wrong". I think I remember a saying from awhile back....He who is without sin cast the first stone. hmm i think i have about 4 or 5 laying at my feet and a few bruises.

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
ccc3d said:
I think I remember a saying from awhile back....He who is without sin cast the first stone.
I use acqlite on occasion. I also have my own network so I can control which ports I can access. You're talking about hacking a server, which is a little bit more criminal than petty P2P larceny.

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
If you're really want something done, you need to find people who know or are in the OIT office, no matter how small their connection.

If I wanted to, I could have had alot of things done for me--simply by knowing the right people. Most often the right people are in the EE/CE/CS program ;)

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
ccc3d said:
this is pointless---
It took you this long to come this realization?

I think I remember a saying from awhile back....He who is without sin cast the first stone. hmm i think i have about 4 or 5 laying at my feet and a few bruises.
Your memory is rusty because that story from the Bible doesn't really parallel this situation. You aren't unknowing bait in a trap set by our enemies and you aren't being threatened. We are just refusing to assist you in hacking a server that doesn't belong to you and making fun of you.

Lethal

Status
Not open for further replies.